Thursday, December 01, 2005

Advent Is Here.



So it's December the 1st, that makes it Advent. It is now ok to talk about Christmas, put Christmas decorations up and all the shops can now start putting on their festive TV adverts and they may also put up decorations in their shops.

BUT NO!

Most shops have had Christmas decorations up since October, my wife and I were stunned when we went to Tesco in September and saw stacks of Christmas "Fayre" - well excuse me!? Christmas is in December FFS!

Why cant we all follow the rules, why is there such a massive Christmas hype as early as September or October?

If I was the Prime Minister or something I would make it illegal to show anything on TV related to Christmas and make shops and town centres ONLY put up decorations and mention Christmas when it is finally Advent. So Advent is here, today is the first day and Christmas is here, but it has been ruined by the Corporate money machines hell bent on making us pay out huge sums of money for "essential" christmas presents for our relations, most of which will find itself on the bonfire come New Years Eve.

Christmas has been bastardised, it sucks now and I hate it and it starts far too early which makes people sick of it. The only hope I have is for my little baby Son, when he gets a couple of years older I hope to see Christmas again from a Child's eyes with the magic and wonder of Father Christmas and the wonderment of a house filled with joy and festive spirit. I WILL do everything I can to stop these money grabbing bastards from messing up my Son's Christmas with their incessant TV advertising and the ridiculous act of putting up decorations in shops in October. I think we all need to rise up now and put an end to Christmas starting in October. It's ridiculous.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home