Thursday, November 17, 2005

Les Arcs 2000


I'm getting pretty excited now, its coming up fast.

What you ask?

The BIG Snowboarding trip next year!!

I know I am going snowboarding for the first time next year because I was in TK Max the other day looking at Snowboarding Jackets. I cant believe I got all the gear I need for £80, I was expecting it to cost loads more, but no, a quid or so over £80 for everything I need. Hahahaarrr.

So I have a really cool black jacket with Red piping in places, nice and cosy with a warm inner. It's also got a detachable lined hood that will keep me snug in the snowstorms. I want there to be a snowstorm when I am there so I can use my new jacket to the MAX! I also got Dark Blue trousers or "Salloupettes" as they are called, these are nice and warm and totally waterproof too. The final item on the shopping list was the gloves, lush fleecy inner gloves with a water REPELLENT (not just waterproof!!) outer shell that's detachable. Well cool so nice warm and dry hands for me.

So I am well chuffed with that lot and looking forward to bombing down some hills. I have no idea what to expect as I have only ever had one lesson, but as a hardened mountain boarder, how hard can it be?? It will be so cool to be up in the mountains, with awesome views and spectacular scenery, it's gonna BRILLIANT!!

I'm excited thats for SURE!!

4 Comments:

At 5:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You suck

 
At 5:44 PM, Blogger AdZ said...

Bollocks.

Serge.

 
At 5:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to go pee

 
At 9:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

some tips about snowboarding:
you don't slide around as much like a snowboard.
your edges will dig into the snow and you will face plant. you will also do probably several backside slams(same as a face plant only backwards)
you may want a helmet.
snowboarding is a generally very wet sport (compared to skiing) due to all the sitting on the snow you have to do. backup pants would be smart. also, you MUST have at least 2 pairs of gloves otherwise you will be miserable all day after an hour or so.

nough said.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home