Thursday, November 10, 2005

Metal Gear Solid 3 - Criminally Overlooked

I just gotta post something about Metal Gear Solid 3 on Playstation, man this game seriously kicks some ass! I have just been playing it, I had to shoot down a beehive and it landed on this guy's head and he ran off screaming! He was so scared he ran into two other guards and then they all ran off with bees a buzzing, brilliant!

This game is the definite stealth game, surpassing all of them, Splinter Cell, Tenchu et al. Tenchu was cool and I enjoyed Splinter Cell too but Metal Gear is something else, totally brilliant cinematography and utterly intense moments as you lurk in the shadows ready to strike.

Just earlier I had to infiltrate this base, sneaking around in the grass and trees and bushes around it. There were guards everywhere but I managed to pick them off with my tranquilizer gun and put them to sleep it was cool, hiding and crawling along, the pace of this game is something else. I took so long quietly despatching each of them only for the first guard to wake up and sound the alarm - All HELL broke loose as more guards came for me. I was fist fighting and trying to run as they battered and shot the crap out me, I was limping by the time I had escaped but they were still on my case. I finally was killed by one of the smug bastards in a hail of bullets but what an adventure and what a rush, the adrenaline was going just trying to sneak and kill them all but when the alarm sounded I almost jumped out of my skin! Talk about rabbit in the headlights!

So yes, indeed this is a criminally overlooked piece of gaming genius and I urge you to go and buy it. I noted that it is in Blockbuster Video on pre-owned for only £12.99 or £17.99 brand new at Play.com so there ya go, no excuses. Who has played this? No one I know, why is that? This game is wicked!!

I will try the base mission again tomorrow, this game is really great. Just thought I would share that with you all.

Here are some screens...


Snake looking cool in the sunlight...
Snake blowing the crap out of stuff...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home