Thursday, November 24, 2005

Brain Bubbling BBC

My brain is bubbling over with excitement about a forthcoming opportunity to get Mountain Boarding out there to the masses. I thought it would be really cool to make a documentary about mountain boarding and the commeraderie and fellowship around it. A few days later I found out from a friend that the BBC actively encourages this at www.bbc.co.uk/videonation and you can make short films about anything and they show it on the telly and on the web.

So I sent off a mail and got a call from them on Tuesday. The guy [Hamish] said it was a really cool idea and he agreed that I can make a video about mountain boarding and they will show it on the video nation slot on the BBC channels and also on BBC Online - Awesome!
So this means that me and my crew of crazy boarder dudes are gonna be on the TELLY!! The BBC are lending me a broadcast-quality professional film camera to use and are going to show me how to use it. Then I just have to shoot footage and send it back to them and they will edit it into a short documentary piece. What is cool is that although I wont be editing the footage myself, I retain full director control of it, it wont be shown until I am happy with the final cut. How truely awesome.

So the shooting day has been scheduled for Saturday December 3rd 2005 at one of the KentATB boarding spots. I am going to try and get as many boarders over to wherever we decide as possible so we can have some mass decents and trains down the run to make some awesome footage for the doc. Hopefully it will be a good clear day and hopefully all the boarders will perform well.

I have just got to decide what the narrative should be and have myself recorded out in a field somewhere saying stuff about boarding. This is the brain meltdown part of this blog, how do I get out everything that I want to say plus loads of awesome footage in a short 3 minute clip??
Any comments or ideas appreciated! I will keep planning it and I will let you know when this is going to be broadcast and you can check it out. Pretty exciting stuff, I feel a job at the BBC beckons!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home